TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Im looking for a used (naturally) Mitsubishi VCR along the…

Customer Question
I'm looking for a used...
I'm looking for a used (naturally) Mitsubishi VCR along the lines of the HSU 680.. Looking for one with a flying erase head and the 680 is the ONLY unit I know that has one.

Is there another one? Afraid to get an S-VHS on e-bay, because all my tapes are mastered on a regular VHS player and regular tape.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time and patience..

Andy Rush [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/9/2010
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

HiCustomer thank you for using justanswer.

To answer your questions;

If you can get a hold of a mitsu HS-U680, it would play fine with your tapes even though they were recorded on a standard vcr.

Now i`m not sure if you want to edit your tapes or just play them, but the flying erase head will give you an advantage in editing only(not playback)

I found an interesting article on this subject for you, if you want to see it just click HERE

As for companies that have made vcr`s with flying erase heads, i believe Sony and Panasonic have made them standard in their better units ,but you would have to look at the specs of the models you can find.

Hope this help and feel free to ask any questions before you accept my answer.

Cheers