TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I resent my source input on a samsung TV

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/9/2010
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 8 years ago
Steve G., Technician

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

What is the model number of your Samsung TV?

Are you trying to switch between HDMI inputs?

HPT5054X/XAA

I bought the TV about 3 years ago. Had it mounted in the wall by the people I bought the TV from. When they mounted it they also set it up for me. They connected an HDMI cable from my cable box to the TV. It worked fine for 3 years. The other week I hit the Source button on my Samsung remote to switch to AV1 (setting for my DVD player). Watched the DVD. When done I used hit Source again and HDMI would be a choice. For some reason when I hit Source now the choices are AV1, AV2 and Cable TV. In the past HDMI used to be a choice. I thought maybe the HDMI cable was bad so bought a new one. That did not work. So called cable provider (Verizon). The tech indicated at times for Samsung TVs you need to "reset your input" options. Bit long winded but wanted to provide as much detail as I have

The HDMI input will only show up if the source (your cable box), is turned on and connected via HDMI.

I assume that you are doing this?

Please advise.