TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

NEC Plasma TV 50MP1 picture comes on dark TV goes off red power…

NEC Plasma TV 50MP1 picture...
NEC Plasma TV 50MP1 picture comes on dark TV goes off red power light blinks?
Bad hi voltage tripler ?
6/2/2010
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

I worked as a technician 30 yrs ago so I am very rusty but I do have a good Fluke DVM, I do not have a high voltage probe but really don't know much about plasmas. Are parts or boards available for these NEC sets? Steve

(Please click on high lighted words) this is my sample may not be the same model but doesn't matter the technology is the same.

Would like for you to take your meter and place it on DC voltage the positive end on every connector that says a voltage and the negative wire to the panel this is the best ground. Turn on and see if the voltage is present at the VS, VA, V-scan, According to the Label. Also if a voltage is missing remove each board from the power supply to make sure they are not holding down the voltage If you don't find one that's trying to climb, or shows close to what it should be, another method is to locate a short circuit place meter on ohms or beep test follow same procedure no voltage should be shorted to ground. And this is the problem. You can unplug each board one at a time, Starting with the Y-SUS then the Z-SUS.

Friend this is a very common problem with plasma. Within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones

Normally the parts for this unit is a kit Y-SUSTAIN AND Z-SUSTAIN BOARD, this is what most manufacturers would want you to do, purchase them. But go to high lighted words and go through all the voltage checks to find the bad part, here is also a chart that should help a lot, also this is a picture that will help with identity.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks Simplified click here

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Thank you and good luck