TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do you hook up a dvd player to the sylvania flat screen

Customer Question
tv model #LC320SLX? I...
How do you hook up a dvd player to the sylvania flat screen tv model #LC320SLX? I think I have followed the directions but it doesn't work. Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
5/24/2010
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, postback with the brand and model number of the DVD player. Additionally, describe what kind/colors of plugs/cables are used to connect the 2.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 5/24/2010 at 4:06 PM EST

Memorex MVD2023 is the type of dvd player.

I have three colors going to TV: red, white, and yellow. Also, a cable connector for

s video

Appreciate the additional information:

The yellow, white & red are to be connected from the Memorex's rear jacks of similar colored jacks to the Sylvania's side panel of similarly colored jacks. The S-Video cable need not be connected. Please ensure that the Progressive Scan Switch is set to Off. The Sylvania must be set to use this external source by pressing on its remote the INPUT SELECT button once (or a couple of times) till Video is displayed or till the DVD is shown.

Edited by Benimur on 5/24/2010 at 4:38 PM EST
Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician