TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How to turn off closed caption on a Samsung TV

Customer Question
?...
How to turn off closed caption on a Samsung TV ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
5/24/2010
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Would this be when in TV mode (analog or digital)? Or when watching a movie or program from an external source such as a cable box or a DVD player?

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 5/24/2010 at 6:29 AM EST
TV mode digital when watching television from a cable box
Based on the above information, the Closed Caption (in this instance) is enabled/disabled in the cable box and not on the Samsung TV hence it is not even available to be turned off in the Samsung's menu (grayed out).

Edited by Benimur on 5/24/2010 at 9:42 AM EST
so how does one turn off the closed caption in the cable box?
What is the brand and model of the cable box?

Edited by Benimur on 5/24/2010 at 3:31 PM EST

motorola dolby digital, HDTV Capable

DCT6200/1000

To disable Closed Captioning on a Motorola DCT6200:
  • with the TV turned ON and set to the cable box, power OFF the Motorola DCT6200;
  • press MENU key on the DCT6200's front panel;
  • verify "USER SETTINGS" is displayed on the Samsung;
  • press UP/DOWN to highlight "CLOSED CAPTION";
  • press > to select "DISABLED";
  • press POWER or MENU when done.

Edited by Benimur on 5/25/2010 at 11:47 AM EST
Louie, Technician