TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Panasonic TV Model TH42PX60U screen color is distorted. Skin

Customer Question
Panasonic TV Model TH42PX60U screen...
Panasonic TV Model TH42PX60U screen color is distorted. Skin Color is yellow. Over the full screen color is distorted. Distortion is most noticeable on skin. I do not find anything in operatong instructions that covers thisproblem.

John Lane
<[email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
4/27/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 7 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
What is your signal source and hook up?
Cable ? HDMI Component>?
My signal source is dish network, through Century Link
I am unframillar with century link
on the back of the panasonic tv
there is HDMI a single cable with a square head
there is component requires 5 cables 3 for picture and 2 for sound
change the input on the TV remote and roll it back to where you are at it will tell you
Comp 1 or HDMI2 or something like that to tell you where what input you are currently useing
I need to know what input you are watching before i try to figure this out
I do not understand your instructions "change input onthe TV remote and roll back to whereyou are at it will tell you Comp 1 or HDM12 or something like that". I belive it is Comp 1, but can not bring it up, sorry
OK if it is component one
then you are useing 3 RCA cables to obtain the picture
one is GREEN channel
one is RED channel
and one is BLUE channel
So looking at the picture the way you desribed it
you are missing red
do you see anything red on the screen in the picture at all?

No I do not see any red at all. Mostly yellow and some items show up blue.

Ok most likely your wire that carries the red has come loose
you need to chck in back of the tv push all the connectors in tight
also check on the back of your dish net box it could loose there as well
Red is not getting to the tv
I don't why
but that is your problem
did this just happen one day?
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center