TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hello,I have a Sony SXRD KDS-60A2020 that stopped working

Hello, I have a Sony SXRD...

I have a Sony SXRD KDS-60A2020 that stopped working yesterday. The red light blinks three times, pauses, and repeats. The screen is black and I don't hear any fans. Any idea of what is wrong?

Can you also give me the part number and a place where i can purchase the part?

Many thanks!
3/22/2010
Edward
Edward, Technician

The 3 blinks indicate the lamp door is not shut. This can also be caused by a defective lamp door switch. See page 51 of the owner's manual for information on replacing the lamp and securing the lamp door. Click here if you need to view or download the owner's manual. Click here to view an alert Sony has on this TV. The alert is not about the problem the TV is having at this time but I thought you might wish to be aware of the information.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the orange ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.
graphic
Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

My mistake. As part of my troubleshooting I opened that door. After closing it now here is what I get: steady green light blinking 20+ times then switches to red light blinking continuously.
Which led is blinking 20 times and then turns to red?
The green Power light blinks 70 times and then it goes off and the red Lamp light blinks continuously.

Sony provides blink codes to their service technicians as s starting point to start looking for repairs. The 70 blinks is not a Sony blink code. If you have never replaced the lamp in this TV there is a 99% chance that replacing the lamp will correct the problem. Even new lamps can become defective. Actually most lamp failure occurs in the first 30 days of operation. Power supply failure is also possible and this would be my second choice to look once the lamp is ruled out as the problem. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. If you feel qualified to diagnose and repair the TV I will suggest that you click here for the service manual for this TV. Click here to purchase the needed service manual if the download is not working.

Regards,

Edward

Edward
Edward, Technician
Thank you for the accept and the positive feedback.. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. .

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward
Edward
Edward
Edward, Technician