TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Re Mitsubishi DLP WD62627. The orange lamp light keeps flashing.

Re: Mitsubishi DLP WD62627. The...
Re: Mitsubishi DLP WD62627. The orange lamp light keeps flashing. I've replaced 2 bulbs & then returned them & received the whole housing unit w/bulb and replaced that as well and taken off the back of the TV and very carefully dusted it out and the TV still won't come on & the orange lamp light is still flashing when I put everything back together. What else could it be? My husband got this TV by doing woodwork for someone so it's used and we don't have a manual. We're both unemployed now so we're trying to do whatever we can to fix the problem ourselves.

Thank you for your help
2/23/2010
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

The TV must be in "Shut Down" and not manually switched Off, to perform the Error Code Operational

Check. When the TV is switched Off, the code automatically resets to "12" No Error.

Press the front panel "DEVICE/input " and "MENU" buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds to

activate the Error Code Operational Check. The LED will then flash denoting a two digit Code.

Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.

• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
  • The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
  • The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.

Example: If the Error Code is "32", the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.

• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.

4. Error Codes

The Error Code designations are listed below:

Error Code Probable Cause

12 No error detected

22 Recovery from momentary Reset

32 Lamp Cover open

33 Air Filter Cover open

34 Lamp abnormality

35 Chassis Fan failure

36 Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure

37 Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure

38 Excess Lamp Temperature

39 Excess DMD Temperature

41 Short Detected

44 DVI Cable (between Chassis and Engine) disconnected

First off, thank you for getting back to me. Took a minute to figure out your instructions but I did and tried it & the small green light just left of the Power button which I presume is the lED light that sends you the error code flashes 15 times then stops.
Ok, i will unplug set for 60 sec and try again because that doesnt exist
OK, now I got the picture (Thank God:) but now I don't have any volume.
WOW I suggest taking your time must have pulled a plug or something, unplug cable box also,
Got the volume back, and have the picture (Huray!!!) but the orange lamp light is still on is this a problem?

This can be a sign of the Ballast going bad.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and or bonus will be appreciated, Please don't for get to press the Accept. button

thanks

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Rick williams
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician