TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Polaroid Flat screen TV. I get no picture on the screen, the

Customer Question
Polaroid Flat screen TV....
Polaroid Flat screen TV. I get no picture on the screen, the red light and blue light power off/on buttons do not light up.

Is time to replace or is the flat screen fixable???
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
2/21/2010
TV Technician: Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair replied 7 years ago
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
HiCustomer

Do you have any sound - just no picture?

Thanks,

Hi, Rod

There is no sound as well.

HiCustomer

This must be a bad weekend for Polaroid TVs, think you are about the 5th person today. With no sound and no picture, the most likely problem is the power supply, Polaroid is notorious for power supply problems. A power supply repair will run about $250.

The other potential problem is the digital main board, if this board is found to be faulty, the board is replaced and that will run about $300 plus labor.

One thing you can try is a soft reset. To do a soft reset, remove the TV from the power outlet for at least an hour (more is better), this will clear any logic error, but I suspect it is a power supply problem in your case.

Thanks,
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair