TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sanyo Model #DP46848 LCD TV. Screen on right side only has

Sanyo Model #DP46848 LCD TV...
Sanyo Model #DP46848 LCD TV. Screen on "right side only" has dark area over the picture.You can see picture through the dark area.The rest of the Tv is perfect.
2/20/2010
Allen
Allen, Technician

Hi

I checked my repair data base and found the following similar problem.

The problem That we had was just opposite of your description. The T-CON

board was the problem. The t-Con could cause problems on either side.

Left Half Of Picture Green - Right Half Perfect, Replace the Timing Control (AKA -Signal ctrl/T-con).

Signal ctrl/T-con board.

You would need a trained technician to check and change the change the board.

Edited by Allen on 2/20/2010 at 1:34 AM EST
Too soon to know if your answer is helpful or if it is only costly!

No problem.

I had rather have a happy non paying customer, than a paying unhappy customer.

Good luck !

I ordered the T-Con moduel,installed it and still have the same problem!!!
Any response?

I don't have any other suggestions. I have opt out to let other experts try and help.

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I ordered a T-Con moduelas instructed but I still have a dark area from top to bottom on right side .
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
HiCustomer

If the screen looks similar to this, where it is half of the screen:

graphic

Then the problem is the LCD panel - this would be cost prohibitive to replace. Depending on the source you purchased the replacement board from, they may accept the return of the T-con board (possibly a restock fee) to minimize your expense.

I'm sorry this is not good news.

Thanks,

Edited by Rod on 3/3/2010 at 11:24 PM EST
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair