TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 TV. The picture has been like a

Have a Mitsubishi HD 1080...
Have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 TV. The picture has been like a double picture with an orange hue that comes and goes. The TV is hooked up with Direct TV. How do I get rid of this double-image picture?
Thank you.
2/10/2010
Edward
Edward, Technician
What is the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?
Model is WS-55807. I think I have had the TV 9 years.

From the information you have provided the problem is with the convergence. If you have gone into the menu and tried adjusting the focus/conversion after the TV has been on for an hour or more and the focus did not correct the problem the convergence ICs have failed and will need to be replaced along with a few defective resistors. If all the colors are incorrect a open fuse in the voltage supply to the amplifiers is possible. Mitsubishi and a few others sets have pico-fuses. These will resemble resistors but are likely orange or green, with no color stripes. A TV repair company will normally charge about $350 for this repair if the ICs are the problem, less for the fuses. Convergence failure is a very common problem with this TV set. There could be other parts that are not within factory specs. The only way to be positive of the problem is to have the circuitry diagnosed by someone with the proper TV test equipment to determine what parts that are no longer within specs. A small TV repair shop will many times be less expensive than a large repair facility.

If you wish to repair it yourself I will suggest that you click here, select TV repair cits, enter in the model number and then select the convergence repair kit. This kit has all the needed parts, and detailed instructions for making the needed repair.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Edward
Edward, Technician

Edward:

One other question. My daughter is trying to adjust the convergence but can't find the focus on the menu. Would it be called something else? Can't get it adjusted.

Thank you.

You can use the Reset Factory Defaults Menu to set the convergence back to the original factory convergence settings. Advanced Menu, Convergence may also be used. It is very likely that setting the convergence will not correct the problem unless the TV was moved recently.

Regards,

Edward

Thank you for the accept and the positive feedback. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward
Edward
Edward
Edward, Technician