Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

I HAVE AN LG 50PC1DRA 50 PLASMA TV. WHEN POWERING UP WITH

I HAVE AN LG 50PC1DRA 50" PLASMA TV. WHEN POWERING UP WITH REMOTE RED STANDBY LIGHT TURNS FROM RED TO GREEN, IMEADITLY I HEAR A CLICK AND THE TV POWERS DOWN. SOUNDS LIKE A RELAY IS NOT BEING HELD ON. CAN YOU VERIFY IF THIS IS COMMON ON THESE SETS AND IF IT IS IN THE POWER SUPPLY BOARD.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem

(Please click on high lighted words) this is my sample may not be the same model but doesn't matter the technology is the same.

Would like for you to take your meter and place it on DC voltage the positive end on every connector that says a voltage and the negative wire to the panel this is the best ground. Turn on and see if the voltage is present at the VS, VA, V-scan, According to the Panel label, Also remove each board from the power supply to make sure they are not holding down the voltage If you don't find one that's trying to climb, or shows close to what it should be, another method is to locate a short circuit place meter on ohms or beep test follow same procedure no voltage should be shorted to ground. And this is the problem, You can unplug each board one at a time, Starting with the Y-SUS then the Z-SUS.

Friend this is a very common problem with plasma within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones

Normally the parts for this unit is a kit Y-SUSTAIN AND Z-SUSTAIN BOARD, this is what most manufacturers would want you to do, purchase them. But go to high lighted words and go through all the voltage checks to find the bad part, here is also a chart that should help a lot, Also this is a picture that will help with identity.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks Simplified click here

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK UNDERSTAND ON CHECKING VOLTAGES. HOWEVER WHAT VOLTAGE LEVELS AM I LOOKING FOR IN EACH AREA
VS should be around 190v VA 60v you should see the panel label,, There is a sticker inside of the set that states these voltages