Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics
22470440

My Samsung TV seems to be slow in coming on. Any reason why.

My Samsung TV seems to be slow in coming on. Any reason why. It is 2 years oldLCD Type JA40u0
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Hello, the power supplies in these later model Samsung TVs have been failing rather quickly and cause the problem you are seeing. If you are comfortable working inside the set, a replacement power supply is available from http://www.partstore.com/. However, it is always a good idea to first confirm a bad part by voltage measurement with a multimeter.

The power supply listed is part number: BN44-00192B and sells for $66.95. Here is a link to the part page:

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/BN4400192B/New.aspx?ModelMfgName=Samsung&ModelBrandName=Samsung&ModelNumber=LNT3242H

If you were to have this part replaced by a servicer, the labor should be in the $75-100 range (in my area).

It is also possible that only the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply are bad (very common on Samsung). If these capacitors have swollen or dried, simply replacing these may repair the power supply. If you wish to repair this yourself, soldering equipment and very good soldering skills are required to change these parts. Also, some of these TVs are now using lead-free solder for assembly.
graphic
If a local shop were to replace just the capacitors, the repair cost should be in the $100-125 range (in my area). Repairing the existing board is preferred (if possible) because a replacement board will very likely have the same quality parts that failed so quickly. If only the capacitors are bad on the board, these can be replaced with a higher voltage, higher quality capacitor for much longer life.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in any way.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.

graphic
View Full Image