James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)
24944807

how do i turn off the audio subtitles on my toshiba regza av505d

how do i turn off the audio subtitles on my toshiba regza av505d tv when watching films on tv some films have someone explaining what is going on and it is doing my head in i. it must be for the visually repaired
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
Hi There,

Do you have a cable or satellite box connected to the TV? It could be that they have the subtitles turned on, the first thing I would do is ensure that they are turned off in the menu:

Go into the Setup menu, then select local options.

Scroll down to subtitles and make sure they are set to off, you can toggle between on and off by using the left and right buttons, and OK to select.

Once done, press the exit button.

You should no longer have subtitles showing.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its not that the subtitles are showing its audio subtitles someone talking during the films it,s for the visually impaired
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
Hi There,

I'm guessing you mean audio description, do you have a Satellite box connected by any chance ?

Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
Hi There,

I've posted a picture of a button on the remote, try pressing this, it should switch between the two soundtracks.

graphic

Hope this helps