How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Nolan Your Own Question
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 19454
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Tim Nolan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how to replace the lamp for jvc hd 61z786

Resolved Question:

how to replace the lamp for jvc hd 61z786
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

The lamp on your model comes out a small door on the left side of the tv, if you take the speaker cover off on the left side below the screen (it pops right off, just pull) you will see the lamp door then if you look there is a screw you must take out, once this is out you need to remove 2 screws inside and then pull on the handle it will slide right out. I have included a link to your instruction manual, if you click on the link and go to page 94 it begins talking about replacing the lamp, there are also instructions with pictures there.


If you have not purchased a lamp yet, there are many places online you can get them from, my favorite is


Here is the link for the instruction manual:


If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!


Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan and other TV Specialists are ready to help you