TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am trying to hook up my xbox to an older JVC tv, but at best

Customer Question
I can only get a...
I am trying to hook up my xbox to an older JVC tv, but at best I can only get a black and white picture. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
1/23/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 7 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Connect up the Xbox to the TV using the Composite cable (Yellow RCA) and then reset the video output of your Xbox :

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.
    1. If you are using a wireless controller turn on the console by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller (Make sure you use the player1 controller)
  4. Once the controller has turned on press and hold the Y button whilst pulling the right trigger.
  5. The Console will automatically reboot and video settings will be returned to defaults.
Hope this helps

It's not helping. I know the cable connecting the xbox and tv works fine, so is it just the tv? Do JVC tvs always have these problems?
I'm going to opt out, not all that familiar with the JVC range of TVs. One of the other experts will no doubt be able to assist.
James, Technician