Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.
13758627

we have a vertical black line on our sanyo lcd 46 inch tv model

Customer Question

we have a vertical black line on our sanyo lcd 46 inch tv model number DP42848, our tv is only a 1 and a half old, what could be the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Chuck Williams replied 7 years ago.

Hi!

I'm afraid that doesn't sound good.

I'm guessing this line is there regardless of which input you select or what screen format you select, correct?

And this line never moves from one part of the screen to another, it's always in the exact same position, correct?

I wish I had better news for you, but if that line shows up in exactly the same place every time on all inputs and formats, the problem is the actual panel (the screen) itself.

Unless this is under warranty, this is going to be a major expense to fix, and is precisely why I urge anyone who buys a current technology HDTV to get an extended warranty. All of these TV's, regardless of whether it's plasma, LCD, or rear projection, have large and expensive assemblies that cannot be fixed, and must be replaced.

Definitely get an estimate from a tech, but be prepared for a real shocker.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck