Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a toshiba rear projection tv that the red color is off.

I have a toshiba rear projection tv that the red color is off. I tried to manually converge it useing the settings on the tv. The red crosshairs are twisted a bit, and will not move very much. How do I fix this problem and how much would cost about.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 years ago.

You have hardware failure of the Convergence IC's, and also possibly some fuses and resistors. This repair requires good soldering skills and I do not suggest anyone that doesn't have prior experience try to fix it. Here is a free website that gives lots of good information on how to : http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-repair-maintenance/5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html

If you hire a repair service it will cost $350-$400 parts and labor. Try and get a service that does all repairs in the home. This repair can be done in about an hour and half by a good technician. There is no need to haul the Tv away for weeks.

If you have further questions please ask