TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I connect my Samsung LCD TV to my Bose wave radio, to

Customer Question
get the sound from the...
How do I connect my Samsung LCD TV to my Bose wave radio, to get the sound from the radio instead of the TV's internal speakers? I am a novice to any kind of wiring.
I am hooked up to HI Def cable via HDMI cables. I have an older Wave radio, the AUX hookups are coaxle cable or the red or white input and output holes. What kind of cable or wire do I need to purchase?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
12/17/2009
TV Technician: euro-pro llc, Technician replied 8 years ago
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician

I will try to help you with this question.

You can use both inputs,The coax input is a digital input and the red/white one is analog.

You will get the better quality if you are using a coax digital cable from the coax digital out on the tv to the coax digital input on the Bose.

The cable you need can be bought here:

http://www.unistorage.com/unistorage/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.dspSpecs&part=1112832

This is the best price I could find.

If you decide to use the red/white analog input,then you have to run this dual cable from the tv audio out(red and white also) to these red and white inputs on the Bose.

The cable you need can be bought here:

http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-RCA-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B000UZC35K/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_3

You may find these cables at any retailer like Best Buy or even Walmart,but,please do NOT fall for the salesmen push toward an expensive-Monster type cables,they are a lot more expensive and do not bring anything to the quality of the sound!

What you need to do is also to enable the TV external speakers in the TV menu.Based on the model#,Samsungs have a feature to enable the external or internal speakers.

I hope this helps,

Thank you and Happy Holidays

euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician