TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a emerson 37 inch lcd tv the fuse keeps blowing out

Customer Question
everytime i plug it in...
I have a emerson 37 inch lcd tv the fuse keeps blowing out everytime i plug it in please help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
12/8/2009
TV Technician: Jeff the TV Guy, Technician replied 8 years ago
Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician
You should check the Bridge Rectifier, it also may be something else in the power supply, or another board. You should disconnect the power supply from the other boards and try again.

graphic
THE DIAGRAM YOU SENT ME DOES NOT MATCH MY TV
does it have a bridge rectifier?
graphic
have you disconnected it from the other boards?

I tried to get your power supply for an example, but it very similar to all SMPS.

Do you have a DMM?
The first diagram you ent me does not match at all mine has 2 of the copper coils let me give you the model number again T37OXW01 V1
The picture aside, have you read the rest of my post?

The picture has nothing to do with most of what was said.
I DONT KNOW WHAT A SMPS OR A DMM
A SMPS is what you have in your TV Switch Mode Power Supply,

A DMM Digital Multi Meter is required to troubleshoot it.

If you do not have a meter, you will need to get one, or refer the repair to a professional.

One thing you can do is disconnect the SMPS from the other boards, this may show you where the problem is, but it is not 100% failsafe.

Please let me know what else I can do to help!
Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician
Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician