TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

i have an RCA 52 made in 2006. we moved it for cable install

Customer Question
i have an RCA 52"...
i have an RCA 52" made in 2006. we moved it for cable install now the pic has a bowtie effect and colors are out of convergience
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
11/3/2009
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

• 1. can I have your chassis number?
  • 2. do you see the convergence menu ?
ITC222... and no....the convergence does not come up on menu

(Please click on high lighted words)

Friend you have a 400ma fuse, location FL231 that is blown, it is shaped like a square and it looks red, there are three of them next to the Fly back, replace this fuse and re solder the entire fly back and problem solved good luck Here is a picture

so if this is the problem where can i buy this fuse and how difficult is it to replace

With these questions, have you ever soldered before??

if no and uncertain on opening up the unit, this repair by a shop will cost around 200.00.

if you can handle it you can save 200.00. And this is the problem friend. No if'sWink

money saver if you or someone you know can actually do the repair.

well here is the part on E-bay and here is the part number 259213

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer , And you may need the name of the part and its part number off the part itself

http://www.partstore.com/

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

http://www.encompassparts.com/

will this also fix the bowtie effect and the fit of the pic to screen....forgot to tell you the top and bottom are not visible

Yes this is a common problem, I'm here to help you save money, thats all not to take advantage of you, tv repair is very expensive these days, and customers forget that we are on there side..

a repair shop will charge you around 200.00 for this repair, And your only paying 9.00, bucks for the fix,, you just have to do the work.

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Rick williams
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician