TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

-the voloume on my tv goes up and down by itself

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
10/31/2009
TV Technician: Joe, Technician replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Can you actually see the volume bar when this happens and does it only happen if you try to change the volume with the remote and then it takes off on its own?

Thanks,

Joe

yes,the volume bar stay on the tv and does not disappear then I have to turn the tv off, can you email me if you have any other questions becuase I leaving work to go home.. [email protected]. thanks

Ok, we are not allowed to contact outside the site as they will not allow us to do so, sorry. It will not even show your email shows [email protected]

Does this only happen/start on its own when you use the remote to change the volume?

If so then try using the volume control on the tv and see if the same thing happens and if not then try changing the batteries in the remote control. If that does not work and the volume works fine on the tv buttons itself then the remote is bad.

,the volume bar stay on the tv and does not disappear then I have to turn the tv off, the remote is not bad, because i hit the volume bar on the tv and nothing happens
Ok does the volume only take off on its own when you use the remote to change the volume? to check this do not use the remote and try to change the volume on the tv itself if it does not happen then, then the remote is bad, yes this means it is bad what can happen if you test as exactly above the way you tested possibly was you changed the volume with the remote and then it takes off on its own then you try to use the buttons on the tv, but nothing happens the reason this is because you already used the remote and now it is still getting that signal and it cannot receive two signals at the same time.
Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician