TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

why does my tv lose its sound sometimes and the only way to

Customer Question
fix it is to unplug...
why does my tv lose its sound sometimes and the only way to fix it is to unplug it for a few minutes.Thank you for your help.Oh its a samsung.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
10/20/2009
TV Technician: Eric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Eric, Technician

Hello my name is Eric,

Welcome to Just Answer

I can help you with your issue,

Please tell me what devices are connected to the TV?

Does it lose sound on every input?

What input cables are you using?

Please tell me your technical ability,

1 I want to fix it myself if possible,

Tools that may be needed Voltmeter and soldering iron

2 I just know how to turn on my TV , want to know what a repairman may charge.

This way, I can help you without getting to technical unless needed.

If you have more questions you can still respond until this post expires,

I will reply asap

Thanks

It loses sound on everything.It will happen if u turn the tv on sometimes and the only way to fix it is to unplug the tv only that is why i know its the tv.

Hi Eric

I have a dvd and surround sound hooked up to my tv.I have removed all these and the tv will still not have sound.I will unplug the tv for about 3 mins.and then plug it back in and the sound will come on.Could this be from a bad fan?I don't always hear the fan so i wonder if maybe something is over heating.

Thank you Bert

Bert,

Do you have the model number?

Thanks

Hi

The model # XXXXX samsung

I'm researching this, thanks for your patience.

Ok thanks for your help

Hi Eric

It is time for me to retire for the night.I will check back in the am.Thank you for all your help.Bert

Ok Bert, Sorry for the delay.

One bulletin from Samsung says NO audio also no chime noise (the tone it makes turning on) replace mainboard part # XXXXX about $150-$200

I thought it was a mainboard issue anyway. clickhere

Not sure if you want to replace it yourself or call a tech, Sears labor is around $230

I will reply asap

Thanks

Eric, Technician
Eric, Technician