James W
James W, Sr Mgr Electronics
Experience:  24 Years experience Mgr Electronics 30 Years Computers.
18589515

I have a Sylvania 6432GG TV. Original remote is lost. Have

Customer Question

I have a Sylvania 6432GG TV. Original remote is lost. Have a RCA RCR311W Universal Remote. I can get the latter to turn TV on and off, and change channels, but can't get it to change the Input. How do I change the input without the original remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  James W replied 8 years ago.

You can only find the codes that are in there. If you have used Auto search, then you Have found all the codes there are.. It goes through them sequencially. Universal remotes are not perfect.

Here is a link to a place that has the original remote available at a very good price..

http://www.funai.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=NE601UD

I wish there was a better answer, but the right remote will work perfectly where you have already found out that the universal remote only works 95% right.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Useless answer. If I were willing to pay for a remote control, I wouldn't have been willing to pay for an answer. I was at a rental place (not my tv, not my remote) and wanted something that would let me start watching immediately.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  James W replied 8 years ago.

I really was trying to help.

The vast majority of people do not know that remotes for discontinued TV mode;s are even still available. Even then, if they do find them say from the original manufacturer, the end up paying $60 or $70 so they are very greatful for being abloe to find an original remote so cheaply.

Here is the owners manual for The Sylvania TV that you have (which you do not have yet).

http://www.sylvaniaconsumerelectronics.com/pdf/om/6432GG.pdf

Please do not kill the messenger. You can not make a remote that does not have all the correct codes do all the functions. It is possible SOME universal remotes will perform the actions you desire. But, if the codes are not inside the remote, we can not put them in.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not interested anymore. The vacation is over. The TV is now 200 miles away. I needed an answer on Saturday. If the answer was that there is no answer, then you shouldn't have offered to provide an answer.
Expert:  James W replied 8 years ago.

Are you Kidding Me?

You needed an answer on Saturday??

You did not even Ask the question until Tuesday..

I answered your Question 8 minutes later.

You did not even respond to my Answer until 3 Days 7 hours later..

My answer was NOT that there was no answer..

My answer was here is the ONLY way that you can switch inputs without the remote control.

My answer was a very informative You Can NOT Do what you are trying to do the way you are trying to do it.

Most clients would appreciate knowing this so they can not Beat their head against a rock wasting any more time trying.

Sometimes I have to answer questions like. I dropped my cell phone in a glass of beer 3 days ago and After I tried to turn it on, it came on for 3 seconds then the screen froze and it stopped working..

HOW do I make myy cell phone work again..?

It is my job to tell them that THEY are likely Never to make it work again and they really should not spend any money even trying..

This in your words would also be answering a question where there is NO answer.

But the answer is, don't waste ANY money trying because it is not worth it.

The answer is YOU can not..

I am sorry that your vacation was spoiled by not being able to watch TV. BUT, I gave you THE correct Answer.