Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

I have remote model RCR312W and need code for Orion VCR Model

I have remote model RCR312W and need code for Orion VCR Model VR0212A, please!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

The only codes I have listed for Orion VCRs are 2000, 2031, and 2130. See if those will work.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does it matter that the codes they are giving me are 5 digits and you are giving me 4 digits?
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
Hi RSmith,

Curious - all the codes I have for the RCR312W are four digits, and its from an electronic database. Does your manual have Orion VCR listed? Are the codes similar (like a leading or trailing 0)?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does not have Orion VCR listed, only Orion TV. All the VCR codes start with 20 and then proceed with three more digits.
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

I pulled up the printed code manual and they are five digits, but the user manual only shows 4 digits (in the recording section). My database has only four digits for that model. So something is not correct. Have you set the remote up for any other unit with the five digit code and is it working correctly?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have set up the remote with an Emerson TV and it is working correctly.
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

Well, it appears the five digit codes are the one to use. So the RCA database is not correct with the codes for that model. Since your listing does not have Orion listed - I can provide an alternative solution if you have the original VCR remote - so you will not have to have multiple remotes. Or, I can opt out to see if another expert might have 5 digit codes for that model.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry I don not have the original remote.
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

I will opt out and perhaps another expert can assist.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for trying Rod
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks again Rod
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

I opted out and there was no need to accept, because I could not help you. If you would like for me to see if I can locate an orignal remote for you for your Orion VCR let me know.

If the accept was by accident, you can request a refund by [email protected] and provide your account ID (HiCustomer.

Thanks,