Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

I have an RCA Universal Remote, and I need it to power on/off

I have an RCA Universal Remote, and I need it to power on/off a TV by Sharp and the channels from a Dish Network box. Is this possible and if so, how do I get it all programmed/codes? I currently cannot find the manual for the remote. Can you walk me through this...please? Thank you
Sincerely,

TV/Remote/Dish Net illiterate Amy :O)
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
Hi Amy,

What is the model number of the Remote? If its not on the back, there is usually a label under the batteries.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
um3 r-6
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
Hi Amy,

That is the battery type (AA) and not the model number of the remote - is there something "etched" in the plastic case?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, brain dead today Embarassed Would it be RCR311W 3633P? Thanks, Amy
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.
Hi Amy,

I've uploaded the manual for you here. The codes are listed separately. For the Sharp TV, the codes are: 1004, 1006, 1012, 1026, 1029, 1095, 1111, 1112, 1171, 1173, and for the Dish Network they are: 5078, 5089, 5091.

This remote also has a discovery mode, if none of the codes work, that will try about every code that is programmmed in the remote - very tedious, and often not successful.

If you can not get any codes to work with the RCA remote, and you have the original remotes of the Dish Network and Sharp TV, then consider a Universal Remote with full learning capabilities. These come with codes, but if they do not have a code for your equipment, you can program them with the original remote (and only have one remote to handle).

An inexpensive Universal Remote with Full Learning capabilities is here. This will control up to 8 different devices, and has a macro feature, that one press of the button will turn on the Satellite, and the TV, and change the TV to the Satellite signal input.

Once you program a Universal Remote with full learning capabilities, take the original remotes, remove the batteries, and store them where they can be located - as sometimes special diagnostics or resets can only be done with the original remote.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,