TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

how to get rid of the blue screen on my TV

9/30/2009
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

First try to press the input button on the remote until you are on the right one.

if this doesnt work press the menu button and tell me what happens

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
I have Comcast digital TV. After watching a DVD, I pushed the input button (3 times...V1 V2 V3)...but instead of gtting the Tv picture back as always, I just got the blue screen. Called Comcast and they talked me thru a couple of steps and tried to fix it from their end but nothing happend, so apparently it's not a cable problem. I can play a DVD so the TV set is working.

As I have done many times before, i pressed the input button....nothing

Pressed the menu....nothing. Just blueness.

I already replied
If the dvd is working the set is also, I think you should pull the power to the cable box reboot, But one thing doesn't make sense the dvd player works, but you can't see the menu when you push it, this is not possible are you using the TV remote

You're right I was using the wrong remote for the menu.

I do get the regular menu but it doesn't seem to have anything helpful for this situation.

I'll reboot the cable box now & see if that works.

I unplugged the cable box to reboot and nothing changed.

And also I cannot get the menu any more no matter which remote I use.

I think I give up.

BTW the model number of my JVC 32" TV is A2320 it's 8 yrs old.
Press the menu button on the tv please
Bingo! Now what?
press input button on the tv
Ok did that still nothing
Ok, you have menu now, this is because the remote is flaky,correct now still have blue screen, So your set isnt flipping threw the inputs, so far remote flaky and now it seems front panal is flaky so press menu to see which input you are on V vv2 V3 ,,,Now plug cable or dvd into this input and see if it works, if so the buttons on this tv should be replaced and or the remote batteries.

Thanks for your patience. ( I think I've lost mine.)

(I'm 78 years old and the TV is in another part of the house from my computer)

Rick williams
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician