TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hi, need to clean projection mirror inside sony kds-50a3000.

has dust that has accumulated...
Hi, need to clean projection mirror inside sony kds-50a3000. has dust that has accumulated resulting in streaks that cant be removed with compressed. was wondering if optical cloth could be used? also if other cleaning agent could be used without damaging mirror or any coatings on the mirrow. thanks, John
9/9/2009
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi, John,

You can use a clean terry cloth towel and a 50/50 mixture of 91% pure isopropyl alcohol (from any drug store), and distilled water.

The mirror is a "first surface" mirror, meaning the coating is on the outside of the glass (as opposed to your bathroom mirror), so it's very delcate. And if it's just dusty, you might try just the terry cloth towel and very gently wiping it. It really shouldn't be that dusty, because it's always "looking down" so dust doen't usually adhere to it.

Let me know if that helps, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck

Chuck have you ever tried an optical cleaning cloth, the kind the optometrist gives out for clean eye glasses? John

Sure, that would work, too, as would any lens cleaning fluid for a fine camera.

Chuck

Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician