TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Magnavox 37 inch LCD TV (37MF231D/37) power on problem. Must

Customer Question
Magnavox 37 inch LCD TV...
Magnavox 37 inch LCD TV (37MF231D/37) power on problem. Must power on the TV (push power button on TV remote) multiple times before TV comes on and power-on light stays on. This power-on cycle problem recently appeared within the past month. The TV is approximately 3 years old.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
8/17/2009
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, this is the problem,

Exchange them and you will be ok, Well good luck friend. And if it doesn't work make sure the power supply is sending 24v to the inverters when you turn the set on your meter should climb but won't reach 24v because unit will shut down and if so we ruled out the inverters or backlight I seen this problem also caused by the signal board it has a power on command missing and it looks like the power supply is bad but actually it's the signal board, it may be labeled on the board a active high or low 5v which sends the command to the power supply. one other trick you can try, isolate the problem use a can of cold spray and hit power supply then the main board, if unit shuts down cold spray will let you see the if the TV ran longer, Now you will know which board is bad Well this should help you friend and good luck

Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

thanks

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Rick williams
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician