Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.
12940042

Im having a color shift problem with my Hitachi Ultravision

Customer Question

I'm having a color shift problem with my Hitachi Ultravision Digital TV model #53UWX10BA. I can't find the manual but I did find a button called Magic Focus and that only made it worse. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 8 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer the problem you are having is with the convergence circuit of the DP14G chassis in your Hitachi TV. This is preventing the Magic Focus from performing properly. There is a repair kit available for technicians that consists of 6 resistors and 2 convergence IC's to rectify the problem. In the event that there are additional problems, there could be issues with the DCU (Digital Convergence Unit) as well.

I can provide you with whatever manuals (owner's or service) you need for your TV. If you need additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Dear XXXXX:

Can I try to order parts myself or do I need a repair tech?
[email protected]
While I can supply you with a list of the parts I mentioned, that is only the beginning. Having the technical expertise to work on electronic equipment such as this is essential along with the proper equipment for soldering, a DVM for measuring voltages and resistance and a service manual. There is nothing worse for a professional technician than to try to correct someone else's mistake when they try to repair something themself. Please don't mistake what I am saying as trying to discourage you, I just want to make sure you are aware of any potential consequences.