Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

i have a model #lc320ss8, serial# XXXXX tv working to

i have a model #lc320ss8, serial# XXXXX tv working to days ago we went away 4 2 days , upon return we seem to have a power problem with this set, when u go to turn it on, it goes from red on light to green on light, then right back to red light power off, we checked all electrial outlets and power surge pluGs, also we unpluged the tv for 1/2 hour, then turned it back on again and still had theSAMS PROBLERM, WE ARE AT WITTS END, PLEASE ADVISE. THANK TOM AND PENNY
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

• 1. can I have your model ?
  • 2. is television LCD DLP?
  • 3.
  • 4. and make of the television?
  • 5.
  • 6.
  • 7. and also have you any electronics experience?
  • 8.
  • 9.
  • 10. and are you just looking for a cause of your probem?.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
dear sir: I have sylvania, lcd lited adit5ion model #lc320ss8, serial #j27738382, #2 lcd,hd#4 SYLVANIA, 37 yes #10, yes, and possible costs, for repair, wranty is now over ofcoarse

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, this is the problem,

exchange them and you will be ok, Well good luck friend. But power supplies for these units are around 100.00 depends on were you live. So it is around 200.00 for repair of one set good luck friend.