TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do you get your sylvania tv out of game mode

Customer Question
????...
How do you get your sylvania tv out of game mode????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/22/2009
TV Technician: Martin, Technician replied 8 years ago
Martin, Technician
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

Can you give me the model number of the back of the TV?

Do you have the original remote of the TV?

Some TV have 2 kinds of game mode. One is just a name for an auxiliary input on the TV, the other also imply a special brightness/color setting for when you used a video-game console. What is the one we talk about here?

Martin!

AHH Help!

I do not have the original remote. So I bought a universal, and its input options are still only game and tv.

The model number is XXXXX Game mode is just the input type that is showing on screen...

I think this is one of those TV with the game mode also being a setting. That can be removed by pressing menu and then using ch+/- and Vol+/- to select game mode OFF. That is just for the setting part i think.

If just unplugging the TV for 20 minute don't allow it to return to the Tuner mode, you will have to get a remote to do it.

I'm not sure to understand correctly if you can select select TV with your universal remote, in any case here is a link to the original remote if you want it:
http://remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=gmi&smodel=SST4272&brand_pn=SYLVANIA_SST4272&mode=large&uuid=12457021685310

Here is a small note about the input jacks on that TV:
"NOTE: The AUDIO and VIDEO jacks on
the front panel are given priority over those
on the rear panel. Suppose that the connec-
tions are already made with the rear-panel
jacks and additionally with the front-panel
jacks. In this case too, the input via the
front ones is automatically selected."
Martin, Technician