TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Sony 60 inch DLP projection TV. I have had it for 4.5

Customer Question
years now. The bulb was...
I have Sony 60 inch DLP projection TV. I have had it for 4.5 years now. The bulb was changed at its 4 year anniversary. Recently, I am seeing blue patches on the screen on lower right corner and it changes its shape regularly (this is similar to what we saw with picture tube TVs when a magnet is in proximity). There is also a blue streak at the bottom of the TV screen. Can you please provide any guidance on what might be going on, how it can be repaired and how much should would it cost. I live in Charlotte, NC. Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2009
TV Technician: Conrad, Technician replied 8 years ago
Conrad
Conrad, Technician
Could you provide the model number of your set?

It is KDF60XS955.

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. The most likely cause of your problem is the failure of the blue LCD panel inside your optical block. This used to mean that the entire block had to be replaced, an expensive job. There are now companies that will rebuild your optical block for substantially less money. The part number for your optical block is A1084668A; you can see what a new one will cost by clicking HERE
Tri State Module/TSM will rebuild your optical block for $300; you can find out more by clicking HERE
If you are satisfied with my answer, be sure to click on the green ACCEPT button. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them. Thanks for allowing me to assist you, and thanks for using our service!
Conrad
Conrad
Conrad, Technician