Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

We have Comcast cable TV and the picture often freezes for

Customer Question

We have Comcast cable TV and the picture often "freezes" for 5 to 10 second, resumes normal
playing for 10 to 20 seconds nd freezes again, what's going on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. Thanks for asking your question.

Is this a digital cable box?

If so, the problem is usually one of signal strength. Do you have more than one TV on the cable line? Do you have splitters? If so, you may need to buy a sgnal amplifier - Radio Shack has them. You will need one that passes and amplifies digital signals.

I will be here if you have a follow up comment or question.

If I have been of assistance, please click the ACCEPT button on the right. It is the ONLY way I get paid for my work. Please also consider a BONUS. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX buy a signal amplifier. we have a large number of splitters,but have had

that situation for many years. I assume the digital signal is just not consistently strong

enough.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 years ago.

Digital signals are not like analog. WIth analog, when the signal was weak, it would still 'work' but you would get a small amount of static or 'snow;. With digital, it either works or doesn't.

Thanks for the accept. I'll be here if you have further questions.