Josh C
Josh C, Technician
Experience:  I have been an electronics technician for 17 years, Tv's VCR's, DVD players, home and car audio.
11634809

IM TRYING TO CONNECT MY LAPTOP TO MY MITSUBISHI 65 I HAVE

IM TRYING TO CONNECT MY LAPTOP TO MY MITSUBISHI 65" I HAVE A CABLE RUNNING FROM THE COMPUTER TO THE MONITORLINK/DVI PORT IN THE BACK OF THE TV... I WOULD ASSUME IT WOULD SHOW ON THE MONLINK INPUT SETTING BUT I GET NOTHING. IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE SETTING I SHOULD CHANGE TO GET THE DISPLAY OF THE COMPUTER TO SHOW UP ON THE TV? PLEASE HELP....
Category: TV
Expert:  Josh C replied 8 years ago.
Welcome Walli!

I have the same set, and I have tried the same thing, lol I noticed it would not work as well, and so I checked with Mitsubishi....Unfortunately the MON LINK is something that is proprietary to Mitsubishi, and it never really "took off" meaning the MON LINK input is basically useless.

This is a quote directly from Mitsubishi:

"M-LINK (MonitorLink™) /DVI-HD
MonitorLink when used with MonitorLink Control is a Mitsubishi exclusive proprietary digital interface for the display of high quality digital video signals from a Mitsubishi HD Receiver/Controller, such as the HD-5000.
The MonitorLink input can also be used as a DVI input from other sources. The left and right audio allow the external Mitsubishi HDTV Receiver/Controller or DVI set-top box to provide audio to the TV to be able to use the TV speakers. When MonitorLink is used as DVI, it is HDCP compatible."

I just got a video card with Component video outputs and hooked my PC up that way.

Sorry I couldnt give you better news, but hopefully this information is what you were looking for.