TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The Picture on my Samsung TV is pink. This just happened when

Customer Question
I turned it on today...
The Picture on my Samsung TV is pink. This just happened when I turned it on today. The model is HL-T6189SX/XAA The set is just over a year old. How do I fix it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
4/30/2009
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Customer,

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-if you press the menu button on the tv itself or the remoe that came with the tv does it look normal?

- Do you have this problem on all inputs? (dvd, cable, satellite, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

No when pressing the menu button the things that were white and the icons are now pink.

Yes the problem exists on all inputs that I have connected.

Is anything else weird happening with the tv? do you hear a buzzing noise at all?

seems like there is a very faint buzz coming from the left rear as you face the TV

I would like to call samsung on this problem in the morning, do you mind waiting until tomorrow so I can get a better answer straight from them? I have a few theories as to what it is but I would like to confirm with them rather than lead you astray.

If you don't want to wait I can opt out and see if another expert will know immediately, let me know!

Thanks,

Tim

I Can wait however I will not be available from 10am-3pm. I had trouble with this set 4 days after I received it. They sent a repair guy out he said he had to replace the mother board this took a few weeks. Once repaired another problem happened with the sound another few weeks. Then another defective part was installed so I had to wait some more, I asked for a replacement since the TV was new and was denied. After the last repair things have been fine until today.Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ok, thanks for being patient, I will get back to you tomorrow, just take a look on here after 3pm when you are available and see what I have posted!

Thanks,

Tim

OK

OK,

I called samsung and talked to a tech over there and he thinks you have a bad LED (there are three a red, blue, and green) or a bad LED driver board. I then called samsung to try and track down some part numbers and prices on these parts for you.

I was told that they do not sell the individual LED's for the set but only the engine instead. The part number for the engine is bp96-01729c according to her and it is over $800. I asked her to look into the LED's a little more for us and let me know what she finds so If I hear back from her I will let you know.

Unfortunately there is going to be no quick fix for this problem, you are most likely going to need a technician or a new television, sorry to tell you. I will post back if I hear more from her on more parts, if you have more questions please let me know!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Have you heard anything else abot the LED's?

She just called me about 15 mins ago and said they do have them and are around $100 a piece, so you can expect a repairman to charge around $400-$500 to diagnose exactly what is wrong and repair it, it might be a little more if the LED driver board is to fault. Please let me know where you would like to go from here or if you would like more information or have more questions.

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Do you know if Samsung has had a lot of problems with this model TV. I have 5 different Samsung TVs, one dateing back to 1988 that I bought when I was stationed in Korea. The Year before I bought this DLP I bought a 32 inch LCD Samsung TV. I have never had a problem with Samsung before. I was real pieved when I had to have this one repaired only after 4 days of owning it, and then have to have it repaired again a short time after.This will be the second LED driver board to be replaced in this TV. After payiny nearly 3k for this set I would have expected it to last longer. Can you recomend any corse of action to have Samsung make good on this product. I tried their e-mail but they haven't got back to me.

Unfortunately most new technology tv's have all kinds of problems, none of them are any good in my mind. Most of the time samsung will not do anything for you, but if you want results then the phone is the way to go not email. And don't take no for an answer always ask to speak to their supervisor.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

Thank you for your time

Regards.

Not a problem, thank you again!

-Tim

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician