TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 15mo. old Sony KDL46XBR4 LCD TV that has developed

Customer Question
sceen problems over the past...
I have a 15mo. old Sony KDL46XBR4 LCD TV that has developed sceen problems over the past month. The center third vertically, at least, has a dark blurred area on start up that lasted initially for 10 min before popping though to a normal clear picture. But now, the problem is lasting progressively longer-- for an hour or indefinitely. The picture, except for the left third is dark and blurry as a result
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
4/14/2009
TV Technician: TOM, Technician replied 8 years ago
TOM
TOM, Technician
Hi and welcome to just answer.Does the problem show on all inputs?
Yes
Yes.
Are all the colors right or no?
Yes--on the left third of screen. When dark, the color is dark and thus oversaturated, but colors are nor otherwise distorned. Focus is off in the affected area somewhat though. Some blurring and feint horizontal lines about 6 in. apart.
Has the tv been hit in that spot or anything?
No, not at all. the TV is wall mounted with a cabinet, so nothing could even accidentally bump the TV. The dark area in the middle third looks something like a cloud in the shape of a mountain from bottom to near top of screen, but changes slightly or even flickers at times. Originally, the screen would clear up withing 5-10 minutes after start, but that period has gotten much longer lately and now often does not clear up all evening.
Ok here it is I think you have a bad t-con board.The T-Con board is part of the panel.The panel will most likely have to be replaced.They have had overheating problems with the board and have added a heat sink.When tv is opened up, you can verify by wiggling the lvds cable.Your panel has a year warranty so it sounds like your past that.You need to call sont and see if they can give you a part concession .This repair unless you have an extended warranty will cost as much as new set.
TOM
TOM, Technician
TOM
TOM
TOM, Technician