TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My rca television model f35100st sn149550061 was playing i…

Customer Question
my rca television model...
my rca television model f35100st    sn149550061    was playing   i heard a small pop noise and the tv went dead. like no power at all
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: TV
3/14/2009
TV Technician: Neil, Technician replied 9 years ago
Neil, Technician

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

The most common cause of this symptom in this particular model is a diode that failed in the power supply section of your TV. The location is CR4118. In order to verify this, voltage measurement should be done because this component fails under load. This has to be done by a qualified repairman or by someone who has experience in repairing TV's. If you are doing the repair on this TV, I can give you the other components that needs to be checked.

I hope this answers your question and if you have more please feel free to ask.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

What should the repair cost--- I was hoping it was a fuse or something i could repair---is the tv worth the repair
It would cost around $150 to fix your TV. The fault that I suggested is the most common with this particular model.