TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Sanyo DP42746 and the green light comes on but the

Customer Question
picture or sound does not.I...
I have a Sanyo DP42746 and the green light comes on but the picture or sound does not.I took the back off on looked for something that might be loose,and noticed that there was a green light blinking, it seemed to be blinking a code of 12 times .This TV was not in service for many hours it is only watched on ocasionaly,it is not are only TV but the only Sanyo we have. I do not think that we should be charged for advice to what could be wrong if this is such a quality peice of electronics.After reading up further on this TV it seams alot of people are having the same problem,could you help or should I go and buy a better brand of TV.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
1/31/2009
TV Technician: Edward, Technician replied 8 years ago
Edward
Edward, Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
I went to turn on the TV it clicked like it normaly does the green pilot light comes on but no picture or sound.I took the rear off and looked,my wife called Sanyo to talk to a tec. they told her it could be a fuse that's what I was looking for when I seen in the middle PC board a little green light flashing.It flashes12 times then repets itself,I don't know if this is some kind of a code or not.

You have stated "I do not think that we should be charged for advice to what could be wrong if this is such a quality peice of electronics."

Are you aware that Just Answer is not affiliated with Sanyo in any way? We are a pay site that has experts in many fields to answer customers questions. Do you wish to continue?

I have a 42" sanyo plasma TV it will not come on or have sound.The pilot llight comes on but no picture. I took the back off and took the 4 fuses out and went and had them checked out and they checked out OK.Could you please help me out.
I keep sending what is wrong with my TV I don't know what else to do. I took the back off the TV and found 4 fuses that I took out and went to have tested,they were all good so now I don't know what it could be I would like too have a little input on to what could be wrong before I take it to be fixed.
I am sorry for the delayed response. The ice storms knocked the power off again and I have just been able to get back on line. Heat is the enemy of electronics, and these sets operate hot. You might wish to unplug the TV for an hour or more. If this power reset does not allow the TV to turn on component failure is indicated. These sets are assembled using the wave soldering process they are known for having cold solder connections. The safety circuitry shuts the TV set down when it detects a problem. This model of TV has over 3,000 parts which include millions of transistors inside the integrated circuits. The capacitors will change value, leak and become defective. Resistors will change value and burn. Integrated circuits and transistors can go bad. This can cause other components to become defective, which can have a domino effect and cause other parts to fail. Replacing one defective part may make the TV operate for a short time but the part will fail again since if the parts that caused the failure to begin with are not replaced. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. I wish I could tell you there was a quick fix or button to push that would fix the TV but that is not the case or the solution needed to get the TV operating correctly.

If you wish to repair it yourself what type of electronic training do you have?

What type of TV test equipment do you own?

Do you own and know how to operate an oscilloscope?

If you decide this is not something that you can do would you like an idea of what the cost to repair the TV will be?

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Edward
Edward, Technician
I was wondering if you would give me a ballpark figure on how much this could cost or would it be better to hold off and get a new set and let other people know about this set and not to buy this.If you had to buy a new plasma what brand would you suggest,I was surprised to see Samsung PC boards in this.
Thank you for the accept. I expect this repair will be about $250 to $550, depending on how many parts are found to be out of factory specifications, if the problem is a bad circuit board, and if the board can be repaired or has to be replaced. A small TV repair shop will often charge less for the repair than a large electronics repair facility. If you decide to replace the TV I will reccomend a LCD HDTV. You will get as good of picture and the LCD TV will have less problems and will cost less to operate. I reccomend Sony, Panasonic and Sharp as the brand of LCD TV to purchase since these companies produce a very dependable LCD TV. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. In the future you can request me personally if you wish. Positive feedback is very important to me. Please leave feedback when you get a chance. Click here if you wish to leave feedback.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward
Edward
Edward
Edward, Technician