TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My samsung dlp tv has no sound or picture. just changed the

Customer Question
lamp. when turned on manually...
My samsung dlp tv has no sound or picture. just changed the lamp. when turned on manually, the lamp light is green and you can hear a clicking sound.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: TV
1/10/2009
TV Technician: Brad829, Technician replied 9 years ago
Brad829
Brad829, Technician
HelloCustomer thanks for requesting me and I will try and help you out. I will need the make and model of your DLP TV before I can start.

samsung, HLR5677W, AND BY THE WAY WE CAN'T TURN OFF TV FROM POWER BUTTON AS WELL, WE HAVE TO UNPLUG IT. THANKS

HiCustomer Thanks for requesting me to help you out. There are some things to check. First see that none of the wires or cables were disturbed when you replaced the lamp. Can you tell me why you thought your lamp was bad? Does the colorwheel turn? if there are any fans, are they running? I am looking for a manual for you now.
WELL, AT FIRST IT WAS JUST TURNING OFF BY ITSELF PROBABLY 2-3 TIMES A WEEK. THEN CAME A TIME THAT IT WONT JUST TURN ON ANYMORE, I MEAN NO PICTURE. I THINK THE FAN IS STILL RUNNING COZ WHEN I PLUG IT AND TURN ON POWER BUTTON, I CAN HEAR THE FAN GOING BUT THERE'S A CLICKING SOUND BUT TO TURN IT OFF I HAVE TO UNPLUG IT. THE COLORWHEEL I DONT KNOW IF IT STILL TURNS OR NOT. HOW CAN I TELL? DO I HAVE TO OPEN THE TV WHERE WE REPLACE THE LAMP?
Thanks for being patientCustomer I believe the problem is beyond the bulb issue. It seems you may have a powersupply issue. This is normally not something you want to get into unless you have the knowledge. My suggestion to you is to contact a serviceman for your TV. As long as the bulb is good, I believe that's as far as you should go. The clicking sound is normal and is the startup circuit for the bulb and other parts of the TV. You will be best served with a tech on premise to fix your set.

If you agree with my answer please click accept. Feedback is also appreciated.
Brad829
Brad829, Technician
Brad829
Brad829
Brad829, Technician