TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

panasonic Plasma wont turn on. Power LED blinks 6 times

Customer Question
panasonic Plasma won't turn on...
panasonic Plasma won't turn on. Power LED blinks 6 times
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: TV
11/29/2008
TV Technician: Livep9, Technician replied 9 years ago
Livep9
Livep9, Technician

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using just answer i ll be happy to assist you today,first off can i ahve the model # XXXXX the tv set,also do you have a power surge protector between the tv set and the wall outlet,moreover what have you tried if anything to correct the problem thank you.

TH42PX50
No PS protector. Weather was normal (no Lightning) No other equipment was affected. I have opened the back and checked continuity on the three fuses on the power supply. All OK. I do not see any thing amiss, i.e. no charred components. all connectors checked and were secure.

Ok zobie the 6 blink SOS is possibly a defective board. It's referred to as the SC board Energy recovery trouble mode SOS signal.

-Start by removing the SC2 and SC20 connectors from the SC board and power up the TV (unplug the television when disconnecting). If the TV powers on and stays on, replace the SC board.
-If not, reconnect SC2 and SC20, then disconnect CN P12 from the P board and SS11, SS34 and SS23 (this may be SS33 in the 50 inch model - it is the sustain data connector) from the SS board. Put the jumper from SS34 between pins 8 and 10 of P12 and power up again (unit won't go into standby w/o this jumpter). If it stays on, replace the SS board.
-If not, reconnect CN P12, SS11, SS34, and SS23 (or SS33). Remove the A board block assembly to gain access to the D and C boards. Ground the base of Q302 on the D board and power on. If the power stays on, reseat the ribbon between the C boards and the D and C boards.
-If not, check w/ a voltemeter is the P board outputs 15 volts at pin 7 of P7 and Vsus of pin 1 at P2 before the TV shuts down. If not, replace the P board. If so, replace the D board.On the links below you should be able to aquire the service manual for your tv set,this is very important to have since it will help you locate the circuits,hope this helps.

http://www.servicemanuals.net/service.aspx

https://www.completeservicemanuals.com/index.php?ccUser=

Thank You.

Livep9
Livep9, Technician
neither site has the manual
going to see if I can identify boards without manual. will get back to you.
I removed the SC2 and SC20 connectors from the SC board and powered up the TV. The red power LED stays on, but of course nothing else happens. I guess this means I need to get a new SC board. can you direct me to a panasonic parts site? thanks for your help.

Ok zobie what i would do is contact panasonic they should have this board in stock,you can also try this link below,Thank You.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/searchparts.cfm?make=Panasonic

while removing the SC board I found a pair (next to each other) of .22 ohm 2w resistors that at least one of which was fried. I am going to electronic store and then try replacing them. If the board fails again I will get a new one. THANKS!
I Replaced the the two burned resistors with equal value resistors, plugged in the board and now when the power button is pushed I get a flashing red led but only 1X.

I have been having trouble locating the TNPA3557 board (Y-sus) and have noticed that the exact same board is used in Toshiba and Maxent (maybe others, I lost count while searching the internet). Are they interchangeable?

BTW shopjimmy.com did not have this board.
neither site had the manual:

BUT THIS ONE DID
user-manuals.com

although now that I have bought the manual they are telling me I have to wait up to 24 hours to get it... grrr

Livep9
Livep9
Livep9, Technician