TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Toshiba LCD TV 37WLT66 which has got a dark shadow

on the screen just to...
I have a Toshiba LCD TV 37WLT66 which has got a dark shadow on the screen just to the right of centre. somedays the shadow seems worse than others and i am certain it started out closer to the right hand side and has gradually worked its way closer to the centre
11/17/2008
Pmiller
Pmiller, Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Is it a shadow that dimms picture where it is located, or do you have any hazing of color in or around it?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
yes, the shadow dimms the picture. For instance if a person on the tv has a red top on then the shadow on the red top appears dark red and a football pitch appears dark green where the shadow is.
Alright...Let's try and narrow this down a bit...Use a diferent input source like a dvd player and bring down the resolution settings down to 720 or less...tell me if the problem still existing please.
My tv is already connected to a dvd player and a satellite HD box. I altered the resolution from 1080i down to720p and down to 576 but there was no change in the shadow. I have also tried unplugging the dvd and the sat box and just having the tv aerial in ,but no change.The scart plug from my sat box goes into my dvd player and then a 2nd scart goes from the dvd player to the HDMI 1 socket in the tv, the HDMI 2 socket has nothing in it but when i change over to HDMI 2 on the tv i obviously only get the blue screen and the shadow is still there.
I am sorry to hear about your TV problem.
The are a couple things that cause of the type of problem you are having with this model tv...neither is good news... it's either screen burn, or the LCD panel itself is defective(much more likely since the spot is not stationary). If you have an extended warranty which still covers the unit, check it right away to see if you can recoup the cost of repair which will be necessary. A repair of this nature runs quite a bit as the screen will most likely need to be replaced. I am sorry I do not have better news as there's no consumer fix for your problem and it must be repaired. I hope this helps...If you need any further information please let me know.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Thank You,
Phil

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and do not need more clarification or answers to resolve your problem.

If you accept my answer, please leave positive feedback and I will as well.
If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer.

Pmiller
Pmiller, Technician
Pmiller
Pmiller
Pmiller, Technician