TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Is the vertical output IC worth replacing, or even able to

be replaced? If the...
Is the vertical output IC worth replacing, or even able to be replaced? If the answer is yes, where would I find it on my board?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2008
Livep9
Livep9, Technician

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using just answer i ll be happy to assist you today,ok if you are trying to troubleshoot your tv set yourself you will need the service manual for your tv set model # XXXXX it can pinpoint you in the right direction and find the vertical deflection circuit and IC that is in the that circuit,click on the link below you should be able to find your service manual here for about 6 dollars,if it is the vertical output IC you should be able to find this IC by itself in any electronic store near you or online let me know if you need a link to find this part online.With a little bit of soldering experience you should be able to replace this IC yourself just use every precaution when servicing your tv set.

https://www.completeservicemanuals.com/index.php?ccUser=

Thank You.

Thanks for the help, but I checked the site and there is no manual available for my television, an Emerson EWF2702. Any other ideas about where to find one?

There is only one more website that i know of,also i would try contacting emerson and see if they have it,moreover try ebay to type in the model# XXXXX your tv set and see what happens.What you are trying to do is a good thing, if you do it yourself you are going to be saving about 150 dollars in repair cost,but you would need the service manual so it can help you with the troubleshooting, Thank You hope this helps.

http://eserviceinfo.com/

Livep9
Livep9, Technician
Thanks again for your time. We'll see what happens.

No thank you and remember to use every precaution when servicing your tv set.

Livep9
Livep9
Livep9, Technician