How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask eldon Your Own Question
eldon, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 95
Experience:  been repairing TV for 25 years
Type Your TV Question Here...
eldon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I fix the sound on my tv.

Resolved Question:

It is a 52 inch rca tv. its too big for me to take to a repair shop!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  eldon replied 8 years ago.


Could you get the model number form the back?


Do you want to fix the TV?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh. and yes i definitely want to fix the tv. we were watching the tv one day, and the sound just went out. it just sounds fuzzy. the picture is clear. just has no sound
Expert:  eldon replied 8 years ago.


If you unplug you TV and the sound come back on. The e prom will need to be replaced. You will need to unsolder and re solder the chip in. Please be very careful inside the TV. Even with it unplugged it will have power in it.


I would need the service number and the chasis number for the part number.


If you can't get somebody to come to your house. You don't have to take the whole TV into a shop. RCA has a box inside that the whole chassis in that come out. Then you can take the box into the shop.

eldon and other TV Specialists are ready to help you