How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 727
Experience:  6 Years component level TV repair. Ex-Military RADAR and radio repair.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1999 Sony KV-36XBR250 that needs a high voltage transformer.

Resolved Question:

I have a 1999 Sony KV-36XBR250 that needs a "high voltage transformer. A repair man said he could not find the part. How do I find the exact part number to conduct my own search, and do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.
The part you need can be found HERE, although I cannot be responsible for the technicians diagnosis, I can point you to the part you need Laughing

This is the "flyback transformer" and it carries 27,000 volts to the picture tube as well as the 2,000 volt focus and 200 volt picture voltage.

It is the only high voltage transformer in the unit.

Michael and other TV Specialists are ready to help you