TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have HD 1080 Mitsubishi big screen TV, the problem now is

Customer Question
when I turn on the...
I have HD 1080 Mitsubishi big screen TV, the problem now is when I turn on the TV the power is on just about 5 seconds and turn off by its self! Please let me know what happened with my TV? and how to fix it? Thank you!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: TV
8/19/2008
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 9 years ago
Steve G., Technician

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your TV.

Can you tell me the model number? Or at least if it is a DLP or 'old style' tube type rear projection?

How old is it?

The modle # XXXXX: HD 1080 series TM-Mitsubishi (big screen TV). I bought it on or 2001(I don't remamber...)
The modle # XXXXX: HD 1080 series TM-Mitsubishi (big screen TV). I bought it on 2001

Ok. That's good. Probably an 807 or 809 series or one very similar. Great TVs, I have a 55807 in the basement which I have kept tweaked since 2000 Still looks great.

So this is a CRT based TV and it shuts off after 5 seconds.

This isn't an easy diagnosis. Unfortunately you definitely have something wrong inside the TV. Something is shutting down the power supply under 'protection' - to protect the TV. It could be the power supply itslef or something downstream.

It will require a diagnosis by a technician. I would think that may get away with a repair cost around $400 since it will require an in-house visit ($100 up front)

As I stated before, these are great TVs so long as they are looked after. I would certainly spend a few hundred on it to get it back to working condition.

Good luck.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please also consider a BONUS. Thanks.

I thought its seem like someone set up the sleeping time(just for 5 seconds...),do you think so?, if set up the sleeping time,show me how to cancel it? Thank you!

No. I'm afraid it isn't a timer.

Do this, just to see what happens. Unplug the TV from the wall for a few hours and leave it unplugged. Overnight is good.

This will reset the TV.

Plug it back in and see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it, you wlll need the repair man.

Please also consider a BONUS. Thanks.

Steve G., Technician
Thank you Steve, and sorry to take a long time for click "accept" button...because I didn't know I have to click "accept" button for you can get pay, and after that I didn't check my email for a few days...,until yesterday after read you email I try to get in back to "my question" and looking for the green "accept" button but I don't see it! Now I found the button and hope you understand why I take too long time for click the green "accept" button!
Steve G., Technician