Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

how to unlock magnavox tv 20mt1331 from smart lock code?

No Comment Added
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What have you tried to unlock the code?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The smart lock child proof is enabled and all the tv ratings are locked so therefore I cannot view any channels. I don't have the code so all I have done is punch numbers in and try to guess it. It is a 4 digit code. I was trying to find out if there was a master reset so I can disable the smart lock code because I have no idea what it is. So is there any other way to get around the smart lock code.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. When prompted to enter the code enter 0711. This will allow the TV to be operated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: I entered the code 0711 and it did not work. The TV said incorrect code and continued to be lock. It is a 20" Magnavox and the model number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I entered the code 0711 and it did not work. The TV replied incorrect code and continued to be locked. It is a 20" Magnavox and the model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.
Let me reverify the information. I will reply shortly.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The screen is black with channel #   blocked by smartlock channel blocking     access code
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Page 20 of the owners manual has the needed information. The manual can be viewed or downloaded by clicking here. If entering the 0-7-1-1 did not let you have access there are likely other problems with the TV other than the access codes being blocked.