Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a flat screen LCD tv and have black streaks ...

Customer Question

I have a flat screen LCD tv and have black streaks appearing on the screen. What is this and is it repairable or expensive to repair?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 years ago.

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I was wondering if you could give me the the make and model number?

How old is this TV?

Are the streaks visible with the TV on, off or both?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Steve the TV Guru's Post: The tv is a 32" Magnavox LCD Flat Panel Model#32MF605W Have had it about 2 or 2 1/2 years. The screen is really dark when it is off so not able to see but quite visable (more so at certain times) when on.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 years ago.
Did the TV get physically damaged? Did something hit the screen?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Steve the TV Guru's Post: No it did not get damaged nor did anything hit the screen. Just so you are aware as well, the streaks are only visable with certain color backgrounds. Not with white at all. But with beige, light blue, flesh very noticable.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 years ago.

I doesn't sound right.

Are the streaks uniform in size? Do they have straight sides?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Steve the TV Guru's Post: No it appears more like larger areas that are streaking downward like runs. Sorry but this is the only way I know to explain it. As it is not just little lines, it is more like smudges that are running downwards. I did take a couple pictures of it. Not the best but if you want me to try to let you see them. Please let me know how to get them to you, they are on my computer. They do show it rather well.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 years ago.

Good morning.

You can upload pictures here. Just keep them below 250kb in size.

Use the tree icon in the toolbar (next to the smily face).

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Steve the TV Guru's Post:

Steve, it is not allowing me to insert the images for you. When I click on the tree icon as you stated a new window comes up and when I click on upload file another new Just Answer window comes up and it says access denied!

Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 years ago.
The photos must be jpgs and less than 250kb in size.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Steve the TV Guru's Post: It is not allowing me to browse to get the photo to even upload it tells me access denied! The photo I'm wanting to send is smaller than 250kb however I can't browse my photos to get it! Please help!
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 years ago.

Hmm...sounds like a computer problem at your end. It works for me I think.....

graphic

Yup.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
graphicReply to Steve the TV Guru's Post:

Please note I circled the area with the streaks. Please ignore red spot it is where I put finger over flash. I am in hope that this photo will help you to understand better what I was trying to explain.