Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 trooper transmission oil check, in neutral running

2001 trooper transmission oil...

2001 trooper transmission oil check, in neutral running fluids drain from upper plug when removing

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Long time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trooper yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, warm up in park remove upper plug and shower of fluid

7/4/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The procedure you are performing is the correct way to check and set the fluid level. What might be your specific question on this procedure?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fluid runs out whether it is running or not-in Park or neutral just bought it expected to get used transmission but in works intermittently

It will definitly run out when not running because the fluid level is higher. It may be overfilled. Or make sure you are using the correct fill plug. Also you want to get it warm like you are doing, engine running, in park, and the fluid should just trickle out. If it is rushing out then the trans is overfilled.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

Your welcome. Just rate this chat with the stars above and also bookmark this page so you can come back if you need to for some follow up questions, or info, etc... Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician