Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a transmission problem!” 2016 Ford 3.7 v6 transit…

Customer Question
I have a transmission...

I have a transmission problem!” 2016 Ford 3.7 v6 transit van. It has drive but no reverse. And no dip stick to check for fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Don’t know.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Ford?

Transit 250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the basics no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Transmissions
6/1/2018
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you planning to diagnose and fix yourself or let the Ford warranty address it?

If I can rectify the problem my self, can you walk me through?

This is going to be an internal repair on the transmission. You need to drive in manual 1st gear and see if you have engine braking when coasting. If you do then the reverse issue is to blame on the direct clutch. No engine braking then the low/reverse clutch is the focus. Below are the diag steps for both scenarios.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35pj305wyovagx5/16LR.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4cz2v9ufmpkc7b/16DC.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris